November 9, 2010

{psalm 62:5-8}


The past couple of days have consisted of unwrapping this particular chunk of scripture and as I’ve been digging into it God’s just spoken and my heart’s flowed through writing. There was no way I could keep all of this inside…I just had to share it with you guys. It’s just my heart poured out in words…


“Let all that I am wait quietly before God,

for my hope is in Him. He alone is my

rock and my salvation, my fortress

where I will not be shaken. My victory

and honor come from God alone. He is

my refuge, a rock where no enemy

can reach me. O my people, trust in

Him at all times. Pour out your heart

to Him, for God is our refuge.”

Psalm 62:5-8



vs. 5 – “Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him.”


If the totality of my hope is in Christ then my spirit can rest quietly in His peace. When my hope is in Christ and in Him alone everything else fades and no longer matters. When the totality of my hope is in Christ worry and doubt no longer exist; all fear is gone. By placing my hope solely in Christ my spirit gains strength and comfort. When I place the totality of my hope in Christ I no longer see the attacks of the enemy, but rather the triumphs of my King!



vs. 6- “He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken."


Through Christ and Christ alone my salvation is found. Because of the sacrifice of Christ my salvation can exist in Him and Him alone. When I find my salvation solely in Christ and not through works and the things of this world He becomes my fortress, my foundation upon which I stand. In Him I cannot be shaken; He is my rock and my protector.



vs. 7- “My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.”


Honor and victory that is found within the world is false and transparent, lacking solidity. When honor and victory are found in Christ and in Him alone it’s opaque, containing a solid and firm foundation that overflows with the truth of His Word. True honor and victory that’s found in Christ and in Him alone resounds louder than anything found in the world and it proclaims His name and power louder than anything imaginable! When my honor and victory are found in Christ He becomes my sole refuge and not one of my enemies can reach me. *NOTE: He’s always been my refuge, but when I finally choose to find my honor and victory solely in Him I finally see Him as my one and only source of true refuge and forget the world exists! It’s in that moment that I see the true solidity of Christ!



vs. 8- “O my people, trust in Him at all times. Pour out your heart to Him, for God is our refuge.”


People of today, of this world, will let us down. Period. It happens whether we want it to or not. We will lose trust in people regardless of how ‘good’ or ‘moral’ they may be, simply because we’re all human. People fail—our God doesn’t! When our trust is placed solely in Christ we’re never let down; promises are never broken. When the totality of our trust is placed in our King we no longer have reason to fear or worry. Christ longs for the totality of our trust. He longs for us to empty the contents of our heart out before Him. He longs for us to be real with Him just as He is with us. He IS our refuge and in that is the safest of all places for us to release our heart—in Him and Him alone!



InHimAlone.


No comments:

Post a Comment