September 15, 2010

Do you long to see His GLORY?!


“One day Moses said to the Lord, “You have been telling me, ‘Take these people up to the Promised Land.’ But you haven’t told me whom you will send with me. You have told me, ‘I know you by name, and I look favorably on you.’ If it is true that you look favorably on me, let me know your ways so I may understand you more fully and continue to enjoy your favor. And remember that this nation is your very own people.” The Lord replied, “I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest—everything will be fine for you.” Then Moses said, “If you don’t personally go with us, don’t make us leave this place. How will anyone know that you look favorably on me—on me and on your people—if you don’t go with us? For your presence among us sets your people and me apart from all other people on the earth.” The Lord replied to Moses, “I will indeed do what you have asked, for I look favorably on you, and I know you by name.” Moses responded, "Then show me your glorious presence." The Lord replied, "I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will call out my name, Yahweh, before you. For I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose. But you may not look directly at my face, for no one may look at me and live." The Lord continued, "Look, stand near me on this rock as my glorious presence passes by, I will hide you in the crevice of the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and let you see me from behind. Bur my face will not be seen." -Exodus 33:12-23


Moses was highly favored and looked upon with great esteem. Moses was so close to God that he was seen face to face by Him, and his name was personally known. When Moses asked God whom He would send with Him, He said that He would personally go with him. Not an administrative assistant, but God Himself would personally go with Moses. It doesn’t stop there though. Moses is audacious enough to just flat out ask God to show him His glory. God looked so favorably upon Moses that he didn’t just show Moses his glory, but He allowed Moses to see His back once He passed by. I’m not sure about you, but I would L0VE to be able to see the back of our King. Can you imagine?! Notice though, Moses was only able to see the back of God after He had passed by, and as God passed by He had to cover Moses’ face with His hand. If that doesn’t shout HOLY I don’t know what does!?


"When Moses came down Mount Sinai carrying the two stone tablets inscribed with the terms of the covenant, he wasn’t aware that his face had become radiant because he had spoken to the Lord. So when Aaron and the people of Israel saw the radiance of Moses’ face, they were afraid to come near him. But Moses called out to them and asked Aaron and all the leaders of the community to come over, and he talked with them. Then all the people of Israel approached him, and Moses gave them all the instructions the Lord had given him on Mount Sinai. When Moses finished speaking with them, he covered his face with a veil. But whenever he went into the Tent of Meeting to speak with the Lord, he would remove the veil until he came out again. Then he would give the people whatever instructions the Lord had given him, and the people of Israel would see the radiant glow of his face. So he would put the veil over his face until he returned to speak with the Lord.” -Exodus 34:29-35


When Moses returned from the mountain His face radiated like crazy. It was so radiant that it was blinding to others. Can you imagine your face being so radiant that you blind others because you had just seen the back of God? Moses was a man that knew God and God knew him. Moses wasn’t just an every now and then acquaintance to God. Moses had an intensely close relationship with his King.


Are you so close to God that He sees you face to face and knows you by name? Are you looked upon so favorably that whatever you ask He’ll do? Are you audacious enough to ask God to show you His glory? Are you willing to do whatever it takes to see/experience it? Do you long to be intensely close to your King just as Moses was?


I pray that you would begin digging deep within and that your King would totally take over and totally rock you. I pray that you would soak yourself in His Word, and would daily seek after Him. I pray that you would begin to long after the heart of your Jesus and that you would press onward regardless of the situation. I pray that you would run barbarically after the heart of your King. I pray that you would no longer be just an every now and then acquaintance, but that you would have an intensely close relationship with your King. I pray that your God would look upon you with favor and would allow you the opportunity to see the back of your King.



RunningBarbaricallyAfterMyKing.

No comments:

Post a Comment